At Audio Factory, we are serious about your privacy and security with co-founders Dave Perry and Arran Dutton taking joint responsibility for protecting your data. We believe it's only right to be open and transparent about how we collect and use your data. We don’t sell your Personal Data to anyone and if we share data with third parties it will be with your permission and for professional purposes only with any request to do so being put forward in writing.
This policy applies when Audio Factory acts as a data controller; that is when we decide the purposes and means of processing the Personal Data of those we do or may collaborate with or are commissioned by.
In this policy, "we", "us", "our" and “Audio Factory” refer to the company Audio Factory LLP.
References to “you” or “your” refers to private individuals or professionals who we do or may collaborate with or are commissioned by.
Data We Collect And Receive
We only collect and receive information, including “Personal Data”, when we are contacted by an individual/organisation via our website, social media profiles or directly by email or by phone.
“Personal Data” means any information which, either in isolation or in combination with other information, identifies you as an individual. Examples of Personal Data include your name, date of birth, address, e-mail address, telephone number and billing information.
How We Gather Data
We only collect information, including Personal Data, which you provide to us directly. This information is actively provided by you in order to secure temporary employment opportunities or because you have commissioned Audio Factory for professional services/have expressed an interest in doing so. Examples of information we gather includes:
- Email addresses and phone numbers when provided by you in line with a current or prospective professional engagement.
- Other personal information featured in/on the body of emails, Curriculum Vitaes and/or links to professional profiles (Spotlight, LinkedIn, StarNow et al), invoices and purchase orders.
Please note that unsolicited approaches containing such information will be removed from our databases regularly.
How We Use The Data We Collect
We may use your data for our legitimate interests, namely:
- To send emails and other communications related to active commissions and collaborations, e.g. Audiobook productions where Audio Factory is working with you or on your behalf. This may include other types of communications, e.g. phone calls and text messages to discuss arrangements.
- To communicate with you when you contact us. Our team may communicate with you to answer enquiries you may have about our services, productions or contracted employment opportunities.
- To communicate with you regarding potential commissions and collaborations, e.g. Live auditions, availability for casting and production opportunities, pitching, negotiating over or scheduling prospective commissions.
- To seek permission to provide your personal details in compliance with a request from a third party, e.g. requests for your information to discuss a potential commission or collaboration with another individual/organisation, commissioners wishing to make direct contact with those contracted by Audio Factory for productions on their behalf.
- To update information for accounting purposes, e.g. Invoices and purchase orders being submitted to our chosen chartered accountant via our chosen cloud accounting system.
This section sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of Personal Data.
Notwithstanding your right to request the removal of your data, we will retain your Personal Data as follows:
- (a) When you contact us via email, phone, website or social media profiles, we retain Personal Data that you have disclosed for a maximum period of 6 months from the date this approach was made.
- (b) If we have actively worked with you in any given financial year, invoices and purchase orders for contracted services will be retained for tax and audit purposes.
Contacting Audio Factory